Gary & Robert Real Estate Team
The 5 Essential Ingredients For A Successful Sale
1. Interior Design And Staging
Our goal is to make your home as close to model home condition as possible, being sensitive to cost. Together, we will walk through your home, inside and out, and make suggestions for improvements that will increase your NET proceeds. You only want to spend money on items that will bring a greater return than they will cost, so we generally do not recommend a complete remodel of kitchens and baths. Instead, we recommend doing the cosmetic items which will make your home appear larger and nicer, like paint, flooring, and landscape clean up. We have pre-negotiated favorable rates with contractors to prepare your home to sell at top dollar. We assist with scheduling and overseeing the work to assure everything is done properly.
We arrange for the appropriate inspections to properly disclose the condition of your home to potential buyers. This enables potential buyers to make their best offer, as there’s no need to reserve money for unknowns. These could include pest control, general property, masonry, roof, pool or spa, well, and septic inspections.
3. Setting The Price
Together, we will review the recent sales of similar homes, along with a review of homes currently for sale which might compete against yours.
The three factors affecting your value are location, condition, and price…and they are all related.
We will give you our honest advice, and the price we recommend you ask for your home, but the ultimate decision is always yours.
Utilizing professional photography and virtual tours, your home is marketed on many levels:
- Local – Utilize just listed postcards and written invitations to the open houses, and promote your home at the various Realtor tour meetings
- Regional – Using the Multiple Listing Service, and as members of several relocation and referral networks
- Internet – Utilizing our internet expertise, your home will be marketed on over 100 websites, including the most visited sites on the internet
- Open houses – Locally advertised, plus listed on Zillow, Craigslist, Move.com, Realtor.com, Trulia, and HGTV front door
With our expertise gained while successfully selling over 1500 homes in Santa Clara County, our team will help you obtain the highest sale price possible. We will discuss factors regarding whether to buy or sell first, offer financing, rent back options, etc. We will offer potential buyers a full-spectrum of mortgage products and options to help them afford their purchase (and pay you the highest price).