The Mortgage Center
Pre-Mortgage Preparation: Get Your Finances in Order
Buying a home in the Sunnyvale area is a major investment of both money and time. So, before you even begin your search for a home, we recommend that you get your finances in order. Then, when you find “the one,” you’ll be prepared and qualified to apply for the mortgage that’s most advantageous for your financial situation.
Before starting your home search:
- Develop a realistic monthly budget
- Do not make any major purchases requiring loans, such as a car or boat
- Pay off your credit cards
- Have your down payment in an existing account
- Check your credit report to make sure the information is accurate
- Avoid changing jobs, if at all possible
- Don’t move large sums of money from one account to another
- Gather tax returns, pay stubs and bank statements
The Sunnyvale Real Estate Team offers a Free Buyer’s Consultation to anyone interested in buying a home. During this session you’ll learn whether you are a good candidate for purchasing a home, as well as all the options available in the Sunnyvale area. There is absolutely no obligation on your part.